Pages

4intheworld

4intheworld
The Broughton Archipelago - one of our last 'home' adventures.

Travel Map - 2015...

Saturday, October 17, 2015

I Sat On A Rock

I sat on some rocks. But I would say they were a little bit above average rocks, and few of them somewhat high above the ground. Some would say that these rocks are so incredibly awesome that they should be on postcards, and some people actually DO put photos of these rocks on post cards.

I guess that now you have actually spent the time to read this far into my silly little blog post, maybe I should tell you about my experience sitting (and sometimes standing) on said rocks. My personal favourite rock that I sat on was named Preikestoln after a viking ship that had lead many successfully attacks on other viking villages. A truly devastating ship in its time. Just kidding, it actually has a boring translation which is literally means pulpit rock because it sticks out of the cliff like a pulpit in a church. Not many people hike all the way up to this rock,  just enough that even in the off season you will never be the only one on the rock, and in the summer it is so crowded that people will even line up for a turn standing on the rock.

As I said before, it is my was my favourite rock, mainly because how unlike any other rock in the world, the surface is almost completely square and flat. The views from the rock were also incredible, you could see for miles down the fjord. It even overlooked some incredible mountain farms. Though I can’t say the hike getting to Preikestoln was anything spectacular, It was actually quite a dull hike. The trail was super trashed even though it was rebuilt by Nepalese Sherpas in 2014 and you would see people’s garbage lying around every now and then. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t terrible, lots of the parts of the trail were kind of fun, there were some boardwalks over large marshes and massive bedrock flats near the top. Over all there hiking part could have been better but the actual rock that you get to sit on is truly incredible.



No comments:

Post a Comment